Melbourne
This is my first time venturing out alone in a foreign land. I must say it has been a fulfilling experience. I'm so glad that I met up with mel lok (after don't-know-how-many years), caught up with jolene and am ever grateful to my buddy Dawn for accomodating me in her cozy apartment. I have huge problems with navigating directions but because I really wanted to go to some places, I took the gamble and I ended up at Cooks cottage in Fitzroy gardens. Thank God for his grace and protection. I was thinking that sometimes, if we keep doing things with friends, we tend to take things for granted. It's definitely great to be with friends because if we get lost, it's less scary, and if there's something pretty, we can exclaim together "OOH! NICE ONE THERE." but how many of us stop to thank God for bringing us to those places, protecting us that we can enjoy them so. Not that we don't, but we forget sometimes. At least I do.
My take on Melbourne? I really think it's a cross between Asia and Europe. On one side of the road, you see those london-style train stations, and on another side, you see a chinatown somewhere nearby. it's pretty funny how east kinda meets west in melbourne, i guess asians are really starting to populate this state. oooh and i love the gardens. it gives one a serene feeling. i know singapore has a lot of gardens too, but i was figuring that the main difference probably was due to our tropical climate. our leaves are greener and not many flowers can survive here. but over there, lots of wild colourful flowers. it's like a painter with a palette, changing their colours every season.
and there are shoppings and there are puffing billys and there are koalas, kangaroos and penguins.
But you know what, it's still good to be home. cos home is where the heart is.


No comments:
Post a Comment